Child Psychologists are experts in the ways kids think, feel and act.
Child Psychologists are experts in the ways kids think, feel and act. They help kids understand feelings, take care of problems and cope with difficult situations. A Psychologist’s job is to help kids do better and feel better. Psychologists do their work mainly by listening to kids, talking with kids and teaching kids different ways to manage situations.
- Behaviour management
- Anger management
- Anxiety treatment and how to overcome worry
- Trauma treatment, including domestic violence or substance abuse
- Coping with separation and/or divorce
- Social anxiety or shyness intervention
- Making friends and improving social skills
- Developing play skills
- Bullying interventions
- Dealing with sleep difficulties and sleep hygiene intervention
- Understanding a child’s disability or diagnosis and associated treatments (i.e. medications).
- Our Psychologists also provide specialist services to children with:
- An intellectual disability or impairment
- Learning difficulties
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD, Autism, Asperger’s)
- Attention Deficit Disorder (Inattentive or Hyperactive or Combined)
- Neurological disorders
- Brain Injury
- Communication and/or language disorders including areas of alternative and augmentative needs.
Whatever the problem, our psychologists can help kids to learn the skills to solve it,
do better and feel better.