Speech and Language Pathologists help kids with all types of communication and feeding difficulties – they don’t just help kids to talk!
Paediatric Speech and Language Pathologists work to prevent, assess, diagnose and treat speech, language, social communication, cognitive communication, and swallowing difficulties in children. Speechies help kids with all types of communication and feeding difficulties – they don’t just help kids to talk!
Some of the problems that our Speech and Language Pathologists can help kids/teens with includes:
- Difficulties with articulation (how speech sounds/speech not being clear).
- Understanding what people say (expressive language)
- Using language and having a good vocabulary (receptive language)
- Reading, writing and spelling
- Fussy eating
- Swallowing/feeding difficulties
- Non-verbal forms of communication such as PECS or ProLoQuo